This topic seems to be discussed eternally. Often people write to us and ask the same question “Is nano coating better than car wax?” If we, a ceramic coating manufacturer start to claim that car wax is better we will look foolish. However, we don’t lie to our customers, claiming that car wax coating is a useless product, which it is definitely not. Both of these coatings were designed for the same purpose—providing car paint with protective properties, and each of them have their pros and cons. This post is a fair comparison between car paint protection products such as car wax and nano coating, and only you, the reader, can conclude which of them is worth your money and attention.
Car Wax Coating
Most car waxes are made of a natural substance derived from unique palm tree leaves. Car paint protection products based on this substance provide reliable protection from harsh sun exposure and make the car color shine. By the way, don’t confuse car wax and car polish. The second one is used only to give car paint a shine and gloss effect. It doesn’t provide any protection in contrast to real car paint shields (wax or ceramic coatings).
Pros of using car wax:
- Natural and environmentally-friendly substance.
- Simple application. Car wax doesn’t require high-professional skills from you. You should just have some free time and be ready for detailed manual labor.
- It provides reliable heat resistance (as long as it is applied correctly).
- The best car wax is an excellent water-repellent.
Cons of using car wax:
- Requires frequent reapplication. You should reapply car wax every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Wax applying is a time-consuming process.
- Can be confusing. In the market, you will find many products that are marketed as car wax but they don’t have anything in common with real car wax. Auto body conditioners are the best example of these type of products.
We will not talk about what nanotechnology is; this article is devoted only to pros and cons, and we will stay on this course. If you want to know more about nanotechnology coating, read our post on how Nano Coating Changed the World.
Pros of using nanotechnology coating
- Excellent protection against UV rays, oxidation, scratches, road chemicals, mud, water, acid rain, bug splatters, and bird droppings.
- Long-life. Nano coating protects your car for up to two years.
- Using nano coating makes it easy to clean the car. This is due to exceptional hydrophobic properties.
- It provides a highly intense shine of the car body for the whole period of usage.
Cons of using nanotechnology coating
- Quality application of nano ceramic coating is a complicated process that can require the help of professionals.
- Nano coating is usually more expensive than car wax.
- The application can be more time-consuming than applying car wax and can take anywhere from between 24 to 48 hours.
We have tried to be maximally impartial and share with you only true facts. Now, the choice is yours. In our opinion, the nano coating is better. Even if it costs a little bit more, you need to apply it only once in three or five year and you can make an annual maintenance by using nano ceramic spray coatings in every twelve months. That being said, this is just our personal point of view.